Global game leader boards and social interactions have become essential tools for keeping users engaged in mobile games. This requires game developers to build and deploy their own web services, maintain and update user score databases and integration of their social platform (Facebook) with their leader boards.Wouldn’t it be nice if someone did all this work for you?
This is exactly what App42 Leaderboard offers to developers. Its a open source customizable project which developers simply have to plug n play with their game to offer a rich set of features to their users. At the core it uses our powerful App42 cloud apis. It wraps them around a clean and customizable user interface. Some of the great features it offers are
1) Shows a list of all-time top scores made in the game.
2) Show s a daily list of top scores made in the game. (can be customized easily to a week/month etc)
3) Shows a list of top scores made within the users group of Facebook friends to keep users motivated to beat their friends at your game.
4) A social activity feed indicating the last activity of all your Facebook friends.
5) Sending and receiving messages/challenges to and from your Facebook friends to keep users coming back to your game to read and send new messages.
Download our sample android game and the social leader board SDK from our projects GIT repository. It illustrates how to integrate App42Social Leaderboard with your game in a few simple steps.