AppWarp Windows Phone SDK now supports WP8!
Today we’ve added WP8 to our list of supported mobile platforms allowing you to make realtime multiplayer games on WP8.
Windows Phone 8 was recently launched by Microsoft and already boasts of over 120,000 apps on its store. Read more about WP8 and all its feature here.
We have built our Windows Phone family SDK in such a way that the same SDK dll works for both Windows Phone 7.1 and 8. This means that if you are a WP developer, integrating your app with our SDK will be hassle free when switching between the two platforms.
To get you started, we have created a demo tic-tac-toe game using our WP SDK that works on both the platforms. This game illustrates how you use the SDK to build realtime-multiplayer games on WP. You can download the source from our GIT repo.
Follow these steps to get up and running.
1. Login/Sign-up on AppHQ (ShepHertz developer dashboard)
2. From the dashboard, create a new app of type appwarp cloud gaming.
3. Note its keys – you will require them to initialize the SDK in your code.
4. From the dashboard, create a new room with 2 max players. Note its room id – you will require this in your code.
5. Download the sample from GIT and setup the Visual Studio project.
6. In the project, add your keys and room id where indicated in the GlobalContext.cs file.
7. Debug/Run the application.
Please try this out and share your feedback with us on email@example.com
Want to know more about developing on AppWarp?