Now develop a turn based game like Tic-Tac-Toe quite quickly with App42 platform. It can be done by combining User, Storage and Push Notification services . We even have a starter sample for it and you only have to follow a few easy steps mentioned below to get started.
1. Register with App42 platform
2. Create an App once you are on the Quick start page after registration.
3. If you are already registered, login to AppHQ console and create an App from App Manager Tab.
4.To use PushNotification service in your application,create a new project in Google API Console.You can check out our complete video tutorial here to use Push Notification in Android with App42 platfrom.
5. Click on the services option in Google console and enable Google Cloud Messaging there.
6. Click on the API access tab and create a new server key for your application with blank server information.
7. Go to the AppHQ console and click on Push Notification and select Android in settings option.
9. Select your App from the drop down and copy server key which was generated on Google API Console in step # 7 and submit it.
10. Download our sample eclipse project for Tic-Tac-Toe game from the Git repository and import it in your workspace.
11. Open Constants.java in sample app and give the value of app42APIkey app42SecretKey that you had received in step 2 or 3
12. Download Facebook SDK and add it as a library project in your application
13. If you want to use your own Facebook App, you have to create it in Facebook developer console and modify FB_APP_ID variable in Constants.java to use your own Facebook app id in Constants.java
14. Build and Run
There is a README.txt file present along with the sample App that will provide you more insights about the App. In case of any further queries about how to extend it, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com