Pivot table is a data summarization tool used for analysing and filtering out your data to produce business related results. It helps in deducing customized results according to the user’s requirements.
The usefulness of these tables in mobile application analysis is immense. The scalable backend provided by App42 will take care of your infrastructure issues as your application’s user base increases. It also becomes vital to use the data collected from the users to make informed decisions in the future. Keeping this in mind, we have come up with this new feature to help the App developers.
We provide this new feature to App developers through our App42 Management Console (App HQ). Using this feature developers can analyse their application related data to make informed decisions.
We provide this feature for the following services as of now. More services will be added soon.
- User Management
- Reward Management
Some of the major functions of these tables are sorting, finding the Average, TOP 10, TOP 14, Count, Distinct, Total, Find max value, Find min value etc. These functions will come quite handy while you want to get the relevant information from huge quantities of data.
Let us have a look at how to apply these operations to analyse your applications.
- You can use our built-in functions like account_expired, account_locked, city, email etc. to extract information related to your users. Using the sum of_record_count function will provide the total sum of the users who satisfy your conditions.
Below mentioned are the steps to get it done:
1. Log into our AppHQ Management Console with your user id and password. You will get the following page:
2. Click the “Pivot Analytics” tab on the right top corner of your page which will provide you with the following Analytics page:
3. Select your application and the service that you want to collect the data from. Then click the analytics button and you will have your built-in functions on the right side of the screen. In the below example, user management service has been selected:
4. If you are using our App42 Backend module user management, the collected data can be analysed. The information regarding the gender of the users along with their locations like country, state and capital can be generated. The total number of users can also be calculated.
5. Here we have shown the complete information for the country Australia. Similarly, you can find it out for the other countries as well.
The above pivot table along with the required information will be generated. Apart from this other services can also be used e.g.
- Using the metering service will give you information related to the number of API calls made by your application for a specific period of time. You can also filter out this data for each of the APIs and even find out the API which makes the maximum number of calls.
- Using the game service, you will be able to find the number of users who have registered for each of your games. Granular information like the scores of the users can also be obtained from this service.
Some of the other features that can be utilized are:
- Representing your data using various charts
- Customized formatting can be done using the given tools
- Reports can be generated from your analysis
- Reports can also be printed in various formats like PDF
- Reports can also be exported in various formats like XML
This feature will help you to extract the maximum information from the data collected from your App.
It would be great to hear the views from the readers of this blog. In case you have any more questions, please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.