App42 Unity SDK allows a developer to save game score of a user and to maintain a leaderboard among the user friends of Facebook. Since Facebook has just released Unity SDK, it is quite straightforward to do authentication with Facebook now and to invite friends for the same.
Here are the few easy steps to get started with App42 Unity3D leaderboard using Facebook SDK.
- Register with App42 platform.
- Go to the dashboard and click on the Create App button.
- Fill all the mandatory fields and get your API_KEY and SECRET_KEY . .
- To create your game with App42 ,Go to Business Service Manager from left tab, click on Game Service and select Game.
- Download App42 Unity3D sample app and unzip it on your machine.
- Open this Sample App in Unity3D. Edit AppConstant.cs file and put your API_KEY and SECRET_KEY (which were received in step#2 & #3) as shown below and also modify GameName variable with your App42 GameName (which is received from step #4).
- Save and Run Sample App.
- Click on Facebook Connect to login with your Facebook account.
- Enter Score and click on Save Your Score button.
Facebook Unity3d SDK doesn’t support desktop applications at the moment. You must run this app on apps.facebook.com/. For more information about Unity3D Facebook SDK visit Getting-started with Unity Facebook.
If you have any questions or need any further assistance to integrate this in your App, please feel free to write us at email@example.com.