Marketing campaigns without defining a targeted region tend to fail. This is why, we are truly excited to initiate Geo based targeting for Push Notification in App42 services. Now, the developers can select a specific country/state/city for sending push notifications from AppHQ console. Along with this, they can also pick a specific region on the map to target.
This feature will be available to all the new and the old apps running on App42. However, devices registered before 15th of March for Push service will not be having Geo information. Managed by App42 backend, you can have effortless integration to enable it.
Information about using this feature is explained below.
Steps to send Push Notification based on country:
1.Navigate to Unified Notifications -> Push -> Location.
2.Choose a location to send Push Notifications. Once you have picked a country name, the list of states & cities belonging to an explicit country will appear on the screen. Here, you have the option of targeting one particular country & its state/city or send to all
3. Enter the push message you want send and then click on the ‘Submit’ button.
Steps to send Push Notifications based on Geo location:
1. Click on Geo Base tab to send the push notification.
2. If you want to target one specific address or location, you can type it in the text bar or on top of the map as shown below
3. You can also draw a region on the map to select your target area. There are two pin points to drag and move, one is used to move the circle and other is to stretch the circle to select a region.
4. Now, write the push message and click on the ‘Submit’ button.
Isn’t it really simple? A few clicks here & there and you are all set to send Push Notifications to your targeted region.