Earlier App42 used to support sound and badge only through API however it was not directly supported with UI console. Now, we are happy to add this support in AppHQ console as well. This will enable you to send sound and badge enabling push messages right from AppHQ UI console.
In case you are new to Push Notification, please see below blog post/tutorials to get started with Push Notification.
- Android Push Notification
- iOS Push Notification
- Windows Phone Push notification
- Unity Push notification
Sending push notifications with sound and badge effect.
Put forth are a few steps to send push notification with sound and badge effect.
- Click on Users grid of Push Notification Service tab
- Select your app users
- Click on Send Push to open the Send Push Notification form
- Enter the message to display on the device notification field
- Click on Badge & Sound to send the push notification
- Select your badge type
- In the Badge field, enter a badge value in case of custom badge as shown in the below picture
- In the Sound field, select Default, or Add new file, which includs in your project and click on the send button to send the notification
Developers can also schedule push messages with sound & badge to App users for their specified time.
Note: The sound file must be included in your project & the badge number must be an integer. Also, Badge & Sound support is available only for iOS and Android type of Apps.