Ever since online marketing began, emails were the most effective means of marketing channel until push notifications arrived and changed everything few years ago. But over these years, apps have become overcrowded and people get too many notifications on their devices to notice important ones. Most of the times people kill all the unread notifications in one go when the number goes beyond management. People are now starting to opt out of notifications as they don’t prefer too many short notifications, they are now going back to the traditional way of taking to go through the content they would like to go through when they are relatively free. Here are five reasons why email marketing will dominate in 2018:
- Better ROI: In marketing, everything is about ROI. Everything that requires an investment is expected to produce an outcome that not only justifies the investment but also results in profit. Nothing is cheaper than email marketing—no postage fees, no advertisement fees, no mobile app, no printing costs—in fact sometime back Direct Marketing Association rolled out a stat that email marketing brings in $40 for every $1 spent. All it requires a good marketing acumen that can plan a right email with the right graphics and the right content for the right people and a platform that can be used to send emails.
Important stat: Welcome emails are incredibly effective: on average, 320% more revenue is attributed to them on a per email basis than other promotional emails.
- Easily Sharable: Unlike other forms of communications such as in-app messages, push notifications, etc. an email can be easily shared with any number of people along with all the important links, images, and content as it is. If your content and information resonate with your subscribers, they can turn into your brand advocates who will let others know about your brand and you might even gain customers. Social media has been known to do wonders!
Important stat: Nearly 105 billion emails are sent each day; this number is expected to reach 246 billion before 2020.
- Easy Creation: As mentioned in the first point, you don’t require a large team to create an email draft for you nor you are dependent on your technical team to setup the campaigns. All you need is a platform that will enable you to create emails using a simple editor and even setup triggers on which you would be able to send automated emails. Drip campaigns are a good example of influencing your customers to convert, eventually driving your business forward.
Important stat: People SAY they prefer HTML emails, but plain-text emails actually get higher open rates.
- Completely Measurable: Throw in as many CTAs as you like, as many links you like and send to as many subscribers you like. The email marketing tool will let you know all possible metrics with all the details such as total link clicks, unique link clicks, people who unsubscribed, number of mails that bounced, time which saw most opens, subscribers that opened the emails most number of times and most popular links from emails. Deep analysis like this will enable you to take well balanced, strategized, and researched decisions to ensure effectiveness is maximized and results are achieved.
Important stat: A study of 1 billion emails revealed that video emails see CTRs 96% higher than non-video emails.
- Contextually Personalized: Gone are the days when you would blast your emails to anybody and everybody hoping a bunch of people would like your offers and content and would come running to you for more details. Pin pointed information to the right people at the right time would result in much better results simply because they are so specific. It is extremely important to segment your users according to their demographics, interests, and behavior so that they always value your emails and act on them every time they are sent information. For example, if you sell shoes, you can find people in your database that have like camping boots and you can send them offers when the peak season of camping begins for higher sales and conversions.
Important stat: Click-throughs are 100.95% higher in segmented email campaigns than non-segmented campaigns.
Other forms of marketing channels did impact email marketing for a while but now that they are getting overcrowded, email marketing is sure to dominate the marketing channels in the times to come. If used properly, the results that email marketing will bring will sure be any marketer’s delight. Write to us at email@example.com if you have anything to add, or have a query or suggestion. Or just feel free to comment below.